Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Open forum  ~  Paint and Body Maintenance and Repair

d_assassin
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
I agree it CAN be fixed but its hard to do unless you do it yourself or have a friend who's a body man do it since the body shops make their money on insurance payouts not on fixing cars really.

After a long time I finally got this guy to do my car since he can do custom work:

<A HREF="http://mastermatchauto.com" ALT="auto body repair, long beach, body work, paint, california, mobile auto body">auto body repair, long beach, body work, paint, california, mobile auto body</A>

The rest said "man that's going to cost more than your car is worth" or "sure I can just slap some bondo on there..." or "its not worth it..." - they didnt understand that I just wanted the dents fixed for an honest price. And half of them didnt even know wtf they were doing saying that they had this "special tool" that would do it and they werent making much sense explaining how the magic tool would work (it was pretty funny and obvious they were making it up as the went.)

but like the guys said, just NEVER take the insurance companies first offer, find the 10 highest priced 944 turbos in your area or on ebay (like the $20k ones) and show the insurance those prices, they have to come close to them (I think its the law).