Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Open forum  ~  Cams..and Pipe spec's for CR

vic39
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Hi. I'm in the process of finishing off an engine for open Vintage road racing.I've resleaved the cylinder block with CB900F barrels, resized CB 1100 Rods and am using Kawasaki KZ1000 pistons after a little fly cutting for the valve clearence issue. After a bit of machining etc. everything seems to rotate wonderfully. My question is Cams. Not sure of the source or who I can talk to that would give me the magic numbers or which cam would work best. Carbs are 33mm Smooth bores and the head is a modified F. I also need the spec's for the 4 separte pipe exhaust system that was run on the CR. Any help would be greatly apprecoiated. Vic in Vancouver.
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Welcome to the Forum, Vic!

Now for selecting a cam - the two brands which are still available new are Megacycle and Web Cam. KZ1000 pistons - they're 70mm IIRC which will give you 970cc. For racing, I would then recommend either Megacycle's 125-75 or their 125-x12. From Web Cam, I would choose either their 63b or 63c.

Unfortunately, I don't have the details for the 4-4 megaphones (yet Wink ). Swarbrick Racing in the UK is offering a CR exhaust system, but what you get is far from being a ready to install CR exhaust - what you get is a set of headers which will more or less fit, and four straight megaphones, which require a lot of machining to make them fit.

Axl