Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Seeley Forum (English)  ~  pagehiln master cylinder

westfieldandy
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 Posts: 9 Location: hurstpierpoint sussex U.K
does anyone know where to get a replacement rear pagehiln master cylinder.

andy
Tim2005
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
They're very hard to find indeed, Pagehiln closed down in the early 1980s, presumably the bore has gone on yours? When mine went I ended up going to a Kart racing meeting, as they all use similarish types of integrated m/cyls and found one that kind of fitted ok (doesn't look too great, but it had to do), it's made by LGK:

http://www.lgk.it/

... hopefully your Italian is better than mine.

Since then, I spotted one on a bike on the SOHC4.US site, it looked identical to a Pagehiln but was made by a US firm. It may have been Penske, certainly was a firm I assopciate with Nascar etc. The bike belongs to a member called 736cc on there, it's a red K-series with a Yoshi exhaust. I emailed him about the m/cyl but never got a reply.

Let us know what you end up with.
UKSEELEYHONDAF739
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
I believe that the PAGEHILN brake master cylinders were a loose copy of the AIRHEART versions that were/ are common in the US dirt track racing scene.

If you go to www.tolomatic.com it seems they still make them..!

The small master cylinder looks identical to those used on our Seeleys and its priced at $127 or an overhaul kit at $40 ish .With the exchange rates thats not a bad price at all...

I havent had much luck with seal kits on mine...still leaks after fitting a LOCKHEED kit,so maybe thats the next option...?

If a few of us want a master cylinder,maybe its worth trying to get a discount deal for a bulk purchase....?After all ,if these are identical to the PAGEHILN versions,thats a lot of potential buyers...?

Hope this helps

Cheers
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
A great find! Altough I did not fild them on the Tolomatic web site, but Google directed me there: http://www.airheart-brakes.com/la-master.html and that really looks like the Paghelin.

Cheers,
UKSEELEYHONDAF739
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Thanks Axl

Very Happy

At last we have a source for the "problematical" rear master cylinder...would anyone know if US threads/fittings are the same as metric..? I just cant remember if they are.. Confused

Cheers and safe rides wherever you are
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
From the diagram
I would say it's non-metric - I hesitate to call it a "standard" thread Laughing but it looks like 1/2-27.

Cheers and keep the rubber side down

Last edited by Satanic Mechanic on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim2005
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
Excellent find!

That's an odd size thread for a brake fitting, usually I find they are 10x1mm or 10x1.25, indeed mine has a 10x1 fitting which is actually a pressure switch for the brakelight. I wonder if that 1/2" thread could be used with an insert to bring it down to 10mm?
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
10x1 or 10x1.25 are the only thread sizes I know for brake lines, too, but the diagram says differently, altough the '1/' part is just wild guessing. Rolling Eyes
Tim2005
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
Hmm. Looking at the pic closer, it mentions NTP thread... which is a US tapered thread for air & hydraulic fittings

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/npt-national-pipe-taper-threads-d_750.html

The only 27tpi ones are 1/16 and 1/8 sizes, so the presence of the 2 in the pic is a bit of a mystery. The 1/8 size looks interesting, .405" isn't far off 10mm and 27tpi is almost 1mm pitch.
fishhead
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
I have an identical Hurst-Airheart on my Dunstall. It is an older unit and actually has 10X1.00 threads for the brake line. It is a nice unit and works great. Their smaller size lends them self to many applications. The caliper has since been upgraded to a newer underslug unit off a Ninja or GSXR and the wheel has been changed to a spoked wheel.
Like they say on the Airheart page, dont mix and match brake fluid with mineral oil. It destroys the seals in the calipers and master cylinders and makes them useless.
Fish