Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Performance issues  ~  73.75mm pistons

RxmanGriff
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote
Junior member Junior member
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Posts: 26 Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Axl,

I have a set of NOS 73.75mm pistons that I am working with. They have 1 piece oil rings which are being cut for 3 piece. You mention Powroll as having made 73.5mm pistons. These do have Powroll labeled rings but do not have any markings on the pistons. Do you have any info on these? Someone has mentioned Action 4 but I have not seen any info on Action 4 kits. If you'd like pictures to add to your others I'd be happy to oblige once they are returned from Total Seal.
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
RxmanGriff,

unfortunately, I haven't any more detailed information on Powroll pistons. Action Fours are still active yet they do not supply parts for the SOHC4s anymore. But they do answer questions through their web site at http://www.actionfours.com/, maybe they can identify your pistons.

And of course, I would love to have some pictures Very Happy which I can show here.

Thank you!

Last edited by Satanic Mechanic on Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
RxmanGriff
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quote
Junior member Junior member
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Posts: 26 Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Action Fours said not only did they not make anything that big, they never made a .75 in any size. The mystery goes on. I will forward a picture once these are back in my hands. Perhaps someone else can provide some insight. Maybe these were produced for another brand but did anyone else use 15mm wrist pins?!
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Hmmm - maybe they are Powroll oversize? There ha not been many manufacturers who use(d) 15mm pins - otherwise it would be easier to find pistons for overbore projects...