Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Seeley Forum (English)  ~  Lightening the Seeley

Tim2005
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
Hi all, after some opinions. I'm thinking about putting my main Seeley (#794) on another diet over the winter. Currently it has magnesium wheels, lightweight discs, and alloy yokes so I'm already part way there. A couple of ideas so far...I'm reluctant to give up the electric starter, but wonder if there are lighter batteries available nowdays from different technologies, retaining the same capacity but just lighter; for instance is there anything available in ni-cad that would be useable? Secondly does anyone know any suppliers of metric titanium bolts? The only ones I have spotted are for bicycles & are both small and very expensive.

All other ideas appreciated too!

Thanks[/list]
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
I have a Hawker SBS-8 in my Seeley. It only has 8Ah instead of 14, but it does deliver the same or even more starting current because it's lower internal resistance. And, it's smaller, lighter and has less self-discharge. It is said it could survive a whole winter without recharging - next spring will show.

Oh, and it's mainenance-free. So far (installed it in two bikes this year) I'm happy.

As for the metric Titanium bolts, I am just checking into that myself but no real luck so far - expensive like hell...
cavebear
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 20 May 2006 Posts: 3 Location: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Go www.ttr400.com They have a fantastic number of billet aluminum parts
for th cb400f,many of which can be adapted to the cb 750. They carry five different varieties of bolts in stainless steel or titanium.

regards,
cavebear