Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Seeley Forum (English)  ~  westfieldandy says hello

westfieldandy
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 Posts: 9 Location: hurstpierpoint sussex U.K
Hi fellow seeley owners.
Got hold of my seeley in 2005, rebuilt in 2006, and have been at zolder and at the reims circuit riding it in 2007. I have met several owners of seeleys in my travels notably a chap who i met in reims from belguim.
I am down on the south coast in the UK, and I put another chap near me in touch with one for sale recently, and he's bought it. I have also been put in touch with a chap who can make a really good replica exaust system.
My bike is on the register, f792, although the pics show it at an early stage of rebuild. also it won the classic unlimited class at the thundersprint in northwich cheshire this year. Unfortunately i lost oil pressure at reims, although it seems to be ok now, anybody enlighten me?
anybody interested in trying to get as many seeleys back in one place as possible next year, how about coinciding meet with beaulieu motorcycle world, or maybe a european event, maybe spa, lets drag colin seeley out
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum!

westfieldandy wrote:
My bike is on the register, f792, although the pics show it at an early stage of rebuild.
If you have any newer pictures, I'll be glad to swap them in the register, and probably also put them on the Seeley page in Satanic Mechanic!

westfieldandy wrote:
Unfortunately i lost oil pressure at reims, although it seems to be ok now, anybody enlighten me?
Too little oil, maybe? I hate to say that, but it happened to me recently, too. Added half a liter, and it never reoccurred.

westfieldandy wrote:
anybody interested in trying to get as many seeleys back in one place as possible next year, how about coinciding meet with beaulieu motorcycle world, or maybe a european event, maybe spa, lets drag colin seeley out
Sure... never seen more than four seeleys in one place - that should be easy to beat.

Cheers,
westfieldandy
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 Posts: 9 Location: hurstpierpoint sussex U.K
plenty of oil in tank, so still puzzled. I think she just got too hot, i had my cr at the same meet, it was extreemly hot and we were kept waiting with engines running for a long time. but the cr with oil cooler always had better pressure. i think because i had no cooler and am running 20/50 mineral oil, that the oil broke down, the oil i drained from tank was a very dirty strange consistancy. no metal traces though.

i'll email some new pics cant work out how to upload here

andy
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:48 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Hm, strange, but maybe she really just got too hot.

Got the pics, thanks, I will put them in the register in the next few days. There's no upload here, unfortunately, if you want to post pics here, you have to put them on a server and post a link.

Cheers,
Tim2005
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
Hi Andy, and welcome. Good to hear another UK Seeley is on the road, I thought it was down to just John Kenworthy & I to keep them alive here. Actually, is yours a roadbike or race- ref the Thundersprint mention? Am looking forward to seeing the new pics anyway.

As for oil pressure loss, I've never come across that either, just a thought but is there any chance the relief valve in the pump is to blame, maybe it isn't sealing 100% and started letting the oil through when it got very hot and thin?

Cheers