Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Performance issues  ~  CB750 Engine Stand?

Ron
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
Member Member
Hello! Is anyone aware of an engine stand for the CB750SOHC? Or an adapter to a standard automotive engine stand?

I've seen one in the distant past, on a rolling tri-pod.

If not, I'll look to have one welded up. Wish I knew how to weld.
pedro750
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
I've sow one of this, it was an universal engine stand, but I don't remeber where... Embarassed I try to find it immediatly.
Ron
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quote
Member Member
pedro750 wrote:
I've sow one of this, it was an universal engine stand, but I don't remeber where... Embarassed I try to find it immediatly.

Thanks. I actually have a universal stand, tripod on wheels with mounting plate for automotive engine. That's the basic part. What i need is a bracket to hold our special engine, CB750SOHC.

I would buy the whole thing stand and bracket if someone made one specifically for the CB750, not just a universal one.

The search continues. Razz
pedro750
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote
Member Member
Ron wrote:

I would buy the whole thing stand and bracket if someone made one specifically for the CB750, not just a universal one.

I'm sorry, but I've sow only an universal stand, but it was very good.
I think that it's very hard find it specifically for the CB750, so why don't we organize to build one? We live very far but we have internet. So what do you think?
Ron
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
pedro750 wrote:
Ron wrote:

I'm sorry, but I've sow only an universal stand, but it was very good.
I think that it's very hard find it specifically for the CB750, so why don't we organize to build one? We live very far but we have internet. So what do you think?

My intention now: I have an engine that is almost completely stripped. I will bolt the empty cases together and take them and a universal stand to a welder and have him make a bracket to go between the two. It will hold the engine from the two rearmost motor mounts.

One would build the bottom end on the bench, then mount the engine on the stand to assemble the top end, and sides, allowing easy access to all sides and the bottom.

However, getting it onto and off of the stand will take some strength. Might be more trouble than it's worth. We'll see.

I have a small block and tackle with a sling. I could hang that from the ceiling to lift the engine off the bench and onto the stand, and down to the floor. Hmmmm..... Rolling Eyes