Satanic Mechanic Forum Index

<  Performance issues  ~  I have a 900 SOHC MOTOR, NEED GASKET.

carpy
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 21 Feb 2006 Posts: 3 Location: Orange California USA
Hey Gang
I just picked up a 78K CB750, it has a 71 motor in it, I started it as the guy said it ran like crap and smokes.
Well i ran it for a sec and it made a hell of a rcket.
Pulled the head and all the valves are bent.

The pistons are ok but, it had a HUGE cam a R.C 315.
I shall probably fit a stock cam as this is way too lumpy.
Must of been used for track only.

The pistons are flat top and have HAINDST 900 S.K. on them, anyone know about this brand?

Looks to be 900 as they say on the piston but have no vernier to check bore size.

Cannot locate a head gasket just yet, Wiseco used to sell them a long time ago but wanted to know if they are still available and what thickness I should try.
Also, is copper or composite a better deal?
hope some can help?
Peace and Grease
Carpy
mad mick
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
Joined: 20 Feb 2006 Posts: 3 Location: staffordshire england
i have located a supplier based in usa ; hope this is useful ; http://www.dynoman.net/engine/gaskets.html#closeout regards
Satanic Mechanic
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
carpy wrote:
The pistons are flat top and have HAINDST 900 S.K. on them, anyone know about this brand?

Looks to be 900 as they say on the piston but have no vernier to check bore size.
These are Henry Abe pistons, 67mm bore (but they also had oversize pistons +.25 and +.5). They are cast pistons, they were pretty popular in the '70s and '80s. They are good pistons, just the valve pockets are not very deep - if you have a hotter cam, you will have to make them deeper (as the PO of your engine learned the hard way Crying or Very sad )

I have a spec sheet from Henry Abe scanned as a .pdf which I can email you if you're interested.
IPOK
Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
Rookie Rookie
carpy wrote:
Hey Gang
I just picked up a 78K CB750, it has a 71 motor in it, I started it as the guy said it ran like crap and smokes.
Well i ran it for a sec and it made a hell of a rcket.
Pulled the head and all the valves are bent.

The pistons are ok but, it had a HUGE cam a R.C 315.
I shall probably fit a stock cam as this is way too lumpy.
Must of been used for track only.

Cannot locate a head gasket just yet, Wiseco used to sell them a long time ago but wanted to know if they are still available and what thickness I should try.
Also, is copper or composite a better deal?
hope some can help?
Peace and Grease
Carpy
Hi Carpy I've just put SOHC 750 bored to 900 ( 67mm bore ) togethet yesterday as recommended by AXL I've used a 1mm copper gasket I had it cut at a gasket shop in Australia cost me $104 au as they had to draw it up on the computer but to get one now would only be about $45 au I'm sure you could get one cut around your area quite easy, hope this helps you mate IPOK.